The most notable and sometimes horrifying Chaos Knights Warhammer 40k Notable Moments are contained here within. The ancient Chaos Knights bloodline is said to have been rooted in the noble houses long before humanity went up into heaven.
Many are descended from brave and legendary warriors who committed acts so terrible that they became lost through time or context altogether.
Only preserved as dim memories told amongst families by those still living on earth generations later.
Even then not always accurately because there’s no way for them ever really know how much has been sanitized away over centuries since last telling their tale at rest stops along any road where people might happen upon this story again one day should chance encounter give rise yet more tales besides these old ones.
Chaos Knights Warhammer 40k Notable Moments
- 1 – Isolation Period, M15-M31
- 2 – Broken Banners, M31
- 3 – Degradation Age, M31-M41
- 4 – Merciless Conquest, M41-M42
Chaos Knights Warhammer 40k Period of Isolation
- The Long Walk (ca. M15) – The Long March was a generation of starships that left Earth’s system and Sol around 200 years ago.
- These ships were equipped with STCs, which would allow them to make their way through space just as easily if not more so than any other technology at this time period! One group brought along some outfits made by Knight Industries.
- These first homes emerged from what was then known as “The First Quartet” era where there were many pioneers heading out into uncharted territory togetherness.
- Chivalrous Code – time, the Code Chivalric became an unassailable important part of life on every Knight World.
- Devotion and loyalty are considered key principles in any true warrior’s life; courage is another virtue highly prized by soldiers who risk their lives for king or country every day while still following code standards such as ‘honest armor’ which requires them to always maintain honor at all costs.
- This passage discusses how there was one particular set of rules called “the chivalric”that governed knights worldwide during medieval times.
- The Gilded King – The Forgettable Age of Technology is the time when Knight pilots were first created on Aurelion Major.
- To commemorate this moment in history, gold sculptures depicting Knights and their Nobles are carved into escarpments that circle around every mile across this planet’s surface!
- Strife (ca. M25-M30) – The galaxy has been torn apart by war, and the Knight Worlds have weathered it all.
- These cultures are conservative enough to withstand this terrible time without changing too much.
- Their people are protected inside massive war engines that stand watch over them like guardians in ancient times until humanity’s grasp on space again becomes strong enough for protection not only from aliens but also one another.”
- The Crusade (ca. 798.M30 – 005.M31) – The Knights and their GE engineless tanks proved to be an invaluable asset in the Great Crusade, fighting for mankind with everything they had.
- The Emperor’s fleets would sail throughout galaxies uniting Human worlds one by one destroying any obstacle that stood before him which included other futuristic machines or organisms from across time periods like Orks.
- Even though these warriors aren’t natural born humans themselves but rather robotic creations built on Mars using converted Neuro-enhancement systems found within captured biological populations undergoing mutation due greatly increased exposure.
Chaos Knights Broken Banners, M31
- Horus Heresy (ca. 005-014.M31) – When the Imperium is thrown into civil war at its peak, with half of all 18 Space Marine Legions leading open rebellion against their rightful Emperor in service to dark gods.
- Corruptions swiftly spread across much ground and every protecting household became susceptible to taint by chaos as well until Knight Houses were no exception.
- Earliest Chaos Knights join Horus’ slaughters through unbreakable oaths stronger than life itself which they had taken upon themselves long ago, even before time began here on Earth.
- Battle of Beta-Garmon, “The Titandeath” (006-013.M31) – The Beta-Garmon star cluster was the site of one of history’s most devastating battles.
- loyalists and traitors alike fought for control over these worlds, with entire Houses destroyed in combat or pulled into strange tractor beams that consume their engines paragraph by agonizing inch until they are nothing more than burning debris beside remains of once mighty war machines.
- The conflict zone became known as “the Tribulation” because it seemed like an eternity before either side would give way; however even then there were still many chapters devoted to proving themselves worthy through victory at any cost.
- Battle of Molech (009.M31) – The Warmaster’s fleets pass through the Knight World of Molech, which is ruled by Knights from House Devine.
- On their way to Terra they wreak havoc on various cities and fortresses before arriving at last at ancient Earth-that was long ago conquered during one such attack many centuries past.
- Yet even this familiarity cannot stop them now as Slaanesh has taken sway among these warring Nobles who have given into temptation fully–corrupting everything forevermore.
- Siege of Terra (014.M31) – The Horus Heresy came to an end when the Warmaster and Emperor were both killed in battle on their flagship.
- Some Traitors flee for safety, but many more are overtaken by Clubs Coup who unleash violence across all of Imperiality with new campaigns commence while others return home after having carved out Tyrannical realms from which they once governed peaceably before being consumed by ambition just as much or even worse than those that had ruled over them previously.
- A small band loyalists remains behind; these soldiers remember what was lost – friends murdered at each other’s hands during vicious civil war –and decide there may still be hope yet left alive if Machiavellian schemes could yield results.
Chaos Knights Degradation Age, M31-M41
- Rise of the Idolaters (ca. M31-M36) – The Chaos Knights have not been destroyed since they were first discovered during socket war against humanity.
- Some in Imperium feel this may be because their power is tied to great leaders like Horus or else it could just mean that these particular units are more loyal than others, but even after being defeated by Traitor Guard forces on multiple occasions and Mars itself falling under assault from malignant machines called mammoths made out organics bloodletters zombiesorks mankillers monstrosities horrors.
- The dark Mechanicum continues digging deeper into its profane arts which will distort the throne mechanicums ancient technology with warp driven engines powering devastating. The Inquisition becomes aware of this new corruption which has been spreading on Knight Worlds for some time now.
- It’s a mystery as to how the Fallen noble households obtained these tech-skilled idolaters and turned them from our loyal Battle Computer programmers into relentless engines of destruction.
- Psychic Reign (ca.M34) – The Cacodominus, an immense and powerful cyborg known as the progenitor of all dread storms utilizes its telepathic skills to secure services from seventeen wandering Chaos Knights after learning about humanity’s existence.
- Each member is tasked with a different mission: one must track down a sunless planet where they hope that an ancient technological marvel can be found buried, another has been designated sole protector against whatever threats may arise within this unique environment by way of hermetic duty.
- Daredevil tasking includes riding it forever so there are no reminders for future generations. The dying telepathic scream of the creature ripples across space, warping even that which is our universe.
- The guiding light behind all fleets. The Astronomican is wavering until it’s finally quenched by an immense backlash. This lost many starships and savaged entire sub sectors as well into violence; yet there are those who survive.
- Wounded Prey – The transport ship, Dark Cloud is lost in the Warp while en route to Warzone Kilda. A full lance of Imperial Knights are waiting for it with Gellar Field protection until large objects collide and damage their hull causing chaos throughout all areas where energy starts streaming inwardly from outside.
- As seen by glossy eyed Officio Pre Sekrementalist observer who has just witnessed this event firsthand-the subtext reads thus: “The Mass Transport Barge’s awfully strong.” The Dark Cloud is under attack by a fleet of corrupted ships.
- Its last line defenses are destroyed. The Knights that venture out onto the barge’s exterior face off against powerful opponents in order to buy time for those still inside who need more energy-based weapons before they can be extracted safely with Air Support abilities such as Rocket Launchers or fighter planes.
- Even these resources might not be enough when facedown at sea without any hope left.
- The Spoils of Fate – At first glance, it seems like any other Imperial world untouched by the ravages of time. But when nine Knight Worlds fall to corruption in just one solar decade?
- That’s not something easily ignored–and these sites raise questions about what happened on their respective planets during Age Of Strife thousands upon thousand years ago. The leader of an ancient household, Manat served many prominent leaders.
- He had abilities that were said to be amazing among the Noble houses and often disappeared after serving one family for a time before reemerging with information on what has happened in their absence or whether they are still alive–only adding more confusion as everyone wonders where this “hero” could have gone!
- Oumo’s Battle – The Hatred of Krastellan, a dreadblade and fallen knight from House Hawkshroud arrived on the planet Oumbo with intentions to fire upon its Agri-capital city.
- However when they came into contactless range for communications there was no answer so instead fired onto one point within these siege walls where it hoped would cause some sort of damage or at least send them back into negotiations until closer examination could take place.
- However this action paid off as soon after sending out an astropathic distress signal (which Dominus Telemetenos Vrae instructed all nearby forge worlds should stop) Anomoeans received guidance through techpriest advice while waiting patiently.
- The Kreen Scar – The House Herpetrax is an ancient and prestigious house that has waged war for centuries.
- They control vast amounts of systems, ranging from planets in the galactic south all over 100 light years across to nearby stellar suburbs just eastward toward Ultima Thule where their armaments are manufactured before being shipped out here along with other supplies needed by whatever forces may require them at any given time.
- They are Astra Militarum or Adeptus Mechanicus! Despite this concentration effort on defense though we continue our march towards victory because one thing always trumps everything else. Billions of people perish as a result of the procedure, crushed beneath ferrocrete slabs or buried in catastrophic cave-ins. However,
- Long forgotten ruins on several planets discovered by fallen noble overlords show that not all hope is lost for these worlds’ inhabitants—the discovery could lead them towards freedom! The Knight is home to a vast arsenal that was once prized by the Emailith Empire. During Second Edition’s waning years.
- These weapons are redirected into deep space where they can do no harm while their slave populations get wiped out by massed orbital bombardments from above – it takes over one generation for this belt’s Imperial manufactorum worlds become known as “the Kreen Scar.”
- Betrayal (ca. M36) – The news of Goge Vandire’s death, the man who was once High Lord and Ecclesiarch until he rebelled against His own emperor has spread throughout all corners of known space.
- Those loyal to him begin wreaking havoc on many fronts including destroying temples dedicated specifically towards our saves as well as killing any Saint figureheads they come across within this sector alone! But it wasn’t enough for them; hoping that if there was ever someone capable enough in life again then perhaps their souls would get redemption through such violence.
- Dark Siege – The Webway link inside a drifting moon is besieged by Lances from five Fallen mansions. The portal leads straight to Seyahmva’ar, an Oritarian Commorragh outpost ruled by the Drukhari’s Kabal Opaque himself – but rather than assisting in repelling this latest attack on their home-point they disconnected it so that instead all can be torn apart.
- Fall of Graggen Keep – The Renegades Astra Militarum infantry units lay siege to Graggen Keep, a massive fortress on the Death World of Friggenswald. Despite their weakened state due its proximity with only one major settlement and scarce resources for food caches.
- Two reasons impede these invaders from obtaining an easy win: firstly because they are dissolve by sludgy corrosive river surrounding it which makes movement difficult as well as firepower impossible without boats or other means across this “corrosive” waters second more importantly though is that Knight Unflinching Steel shoots endless hail into ranks coming at close range while likewise firing Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon shells from long distance away behind walls protecting himself.
- The Lucaris Knights charged into Graggen Keep and destroyed it with their might. They waded through the acid flows that surrounded them, leaving no enemy alive to stop these war engines from destroying everything in sight!
- The members of Unflinching Steel’s former home dragged it down and dismembered them, but the team was not destroyed. Instead its shattered chassis returned to Morda Prime – formerly known as Fallen Knight World- for justice!
- Tower of Scintillus – The Knights of Barragon fanned out to find their King, who had been kidnapped by a chaos cult. They traced him back here and entered the reality- bending tower where they found themselves transformed into Crystalline statues until another member approached them — living humans that opened fire on sight!
- Tellerax Battle – The Dreadblade Litany of Destruction stands tall at the forefront of battle, lending its powerful weapon to blast apart heretics and xenos alike. The tense, often-grueling battle is stopped only by an elite detachment that Include 3rd Company – led by Captain Phaegus layard himself!
- With constant Orbital bombardment and land based attacks alike; both sides fight for possession until Without Remanence arrives with news: A nearby Space Hulk would provide those who survive enough supplies to last them through any length campaign–if they can get there before it self-destructs next week. The Litany of Destruction takes the upper hand, dispatching its Loyalist foe and preparing for a deadly strike.
- The clash between these two mighty warriors has been going on for some time now but it is only when an hour has passed that we see any significant damage being done; finally after many moments with no victory apparent whatsoever-the Knight Paladin Ever-Stalwart arrives to aid both sides in their desperate battle against one another!
- The Litany withdraws in anger, vowing to return and wipe out these interference practitioners of battle with their own blood.
- Black Crusade (999.M41) – The forces of Chaos gather for Abaddon the Despoiler’s 13th Black Crusade. The Warmaster launches his attack across multiple fronts, utilizing dread lances to march against Space Marines in pitched battles throughout known space.
- Those from House Khomentis who hunt down and kill many members of an elite 5th Company named “Howling Griffons”. The vast army of the Dreadblade Bleak Dawn smashes into Belismar, leaving a wake of destruction in their path.
- The Narsine 18th Infantry is no match for these Heretic Astartes warbands and are swiftly wiped out with nothing but corpse stumps remaining where once was an entire city filled With fighting happening all across Macharia.
- Soldiers from different houses bravely risking life and limb to stall Chaos knights advance towards burgeoning industrial centers housing billions more people than ever before!
- Armageddon (ca. 999.M41) – In the wake of a vast Warp Rift opening up on Mars’ surface, an immense Khornate daemon spawn emerges to ravager Orkoid populations and Imperial warriors alike. The Dreadblade Incarnate Slaughter arrives with these forces shortly after they emerge from their ashes.
- A bloody blade clenched tightly in one gory fist!
Merciless Conquest, M41-M42
- Great Rift (999.M41) – The galaxy is an angry, conflict-ridden place. From one side of the Great Rift to another fierce warp storms rage throughout it merging together into an even more dangerous Cicatrix Maledictum where countless Knight worlds are consumed by these devouring beings that stream out from this scar in reality; but there’s also hope for those who have responded too.
- The terrifying division on top represents all poor loyalists gathered under their true masters’ banner which can mean only good things!
- Nachmund (Unknown Date.M42) – Imperial envoys were sent to Dharrovar, a lost world once believed destroyed during the Horus Heresy.
- rediscovered inside one of Cicatrix Maledictum’s few known tunnels and petitioned by these emissaries for shelter from what is imprisonment behind the Great Rift which has been cut off lighteningful Astronomic ship called “The Sun” or simply just ‘the stars’.
- However their demands were greeted with violence as noble Kaligius had succumbed to too much chaos; his throne Mechanicum infested demonic presences.
- Conflagration of Zapphire (M42) – The White Scars 6th Company fights a battle of speed against an invading host from Slaaneshi daemons above the gas giant Rho Zapphire.
- Even as more wicked beings flood out into realspace, racing towards their appointed purgatory for all eternity in shrieking droves with friends at every turn–the Space Marines race forward to grab hold onto these vital derricks suspended high up within planet’s thermosphere before they can be seized by enemy forces below who would stop them from getting back.
- The prospect of reinforcements arrives, but it is a fleeting hope. The Space Marines are immediately met with fire from the Knights who march onto their platforms and open up on them indiscriminately.
- There’s no time for strategy as they’re mere seconds away from death! The Imperial Navy’s fleet of ships arrived to refuel the aether-derrick atop Rho Zapphire, but not before overloading it with all they had. The core reactants inside each ship then went off in varying degrees depending on how much fuel was added.
- This caused an ignition that incinerated everything around them as hot flame roasted across miles worth during seconds long poisonous smoke billowing up into chaotic clouds no man could survive beneath without protection – even if those individuals were military professionals trained for such events!
- Infernus (.M42) – When the Master of Possession Vorash Soulflayer and his acolytes transformed a large manufactorum complex into what is now known as Infernus Daemonsport, two Freeblade Knights were among those sacrificed at its inception.
- They bravely stopped an attack on Nemendghast from Chaos forces while
- defending their home planet with everything they had left. Only for it to turn out too late once these transcripts detailing how perversely powerful this new workshop actually was arrived back in civilization centers across Canon Rift.
- Their devotion to their maker almost cost them everything, but in the end it was worth every pain. With a last burst of strength they slew both modes and names before being sent on independent adventures by Vorash who renamed each blade after what he saw inside its wearer.
- Bale Star for loyalty towards his Knight-utch compound while Hand Of Mourning became an homage from one warrior’s death until another can take up arms against foes yet unknown. The Hand of Mourning has been given information about a Daemon Prince in order to save one of their own.
- They must now track this powerful creature down and bring it back for study, but first things first: killing the Baroness will have consequences if she’s still alive when Bale arrives!
- Stomping Grounds (Unknown Date.M42) – The sound of cobblestone cracking beneath foot, the grind-and clangor fill your ears as hundreds if not thousands march towards you. From outta nowhere comes a force so large it can be seen from miles away.
- Their banners flutter in a breeze that doesn’t exist anymore because there isn’t time for anything but action here – both sides know this battle won’t end until one side has been driven back far enough to make room again between them and victory willingness is key.
- Dysephamine (M42) – The Company of Misery is a bandit group that traveled across the Dysephamine System in search for any psykers they could find. They arrived on this planet many years ago.
- But not before sending out an appeal for help from their home sector; unfortunately it was too late because by then all available vessels were already engaged against them!
- The Hatred knew what would happen sooner than expected-the renegades’ capture led directly into our campaign story line where you play one side or another trying to stop these evil Space Marines once again.
- The legendary Freeblade, Sir Hekhtur received a challenge from the distant sword dread canis rex. The so-called “Chainbreaker ” awaits him on Dyseph IX’s solitary moon where he awaits with Hatred krastellan as their battle will decide who shall control this galaxy.
- The story goes that when two warriors meet in combat it is not just about which one has better skills or strength but also mental fortitude because victory depends upon how much courage each person possesses – even if they’re alone against an entire universe.
- To Hunt (M42) – The Kroot are a warrior race from the jungles of Garlakta. They have long been known as fierce, uncompromising killers in service to any fallen noble or warlord that pays them enough coin for their skillset.
- Which just so happens includes eating anything they can get their maws onto with little regard towards life principles! However on this particular day one poor decision would lead not only himself but also two others into death when out searching across vast oceans without anywhere else worthwhile.
- The markings on the trees told a story that only time would reveal. A swarm of Khommite Knights appeared out-of-nowhere to attack their prey, tracking them through warp space in order for revenge against these hated enemies who had wronged them so long ago.
- Avarice (M42) – The Gilded King has set out on a journey to uncover this secret storehouse and destroy its protector, the Freeblade known as Green Knight after learning about an chamber packed with old lost wisdom.
- Vigrid (M42) – The Great Game for Supremacy spills into realspace, resulting in a series of terrible battles across the Imperium Nihilus’ worlds.
- The Battle of Vigrid was one such epic battle where massive forces from each Ruinous Power battled to victory or defeat while Greater daemons fought with all they had got.
- Leaving nothing left on either side as Horrors latched onto doomed troops before being torn apart themselves by opposing gods’ desperate warriors who would not give way no matter what came at them until finally there came an end.
The contest’s nightmare cry ripped through miles-long tanks made up mostly of souls lost forever when their minds were liquefied beyond repair within seconds after seeing sights so harrowing few have ever survived telling about them.
- The Iconoclast house is a place of power, where four Lucaris Knights faced off against Khorne’s, Nurgle and Slaanesh Champions.
- They were victorious but not for long as it became clear that they had been granted some piece from Tzeentch’s fate bending gift which allowed them to turn their enemies’ weapons against themselves in open combat once more before finally escaping with much needed patents on how best use these sorcerous gifts!
- False (M42) – The Knight Rampager’s Death covered in a thick layer of shredded skin and rancid fat claimed from its most worthy opponents after over two centuries without end.
- Thousands worship around the insane warrior, who slays all with an unending passion that has earned them new followers among an even more peculiar group – Necron Flayed Ones emerged from their dark reality just to acclaim this mighty blade as divinely blessed!
- When the Flayed Ones’ worshipers were killed by a crazed Human, they quickly sacrificed their own lives to honor him. Death’s Sabre was so wrapped up in its savagery that it didn’t even recognize these new xenos thralls as enemies until too late!
- Indomitable (Unknown Date.M42) – The Fallen houses fought a bloody civil war against the Indomitus Crusade’s numerous fleets.
- Chaos Knights used their dread lances to strike worlds where Imperial reinforcements were on their way, challenging them head-on while more voracious families and Dreadblades darkened planets following behind each Fleet of smoker ships in an effortful display that would soon be known throughout all briefing rooms acrossabwe space for generations after this era had passed.
- The fallen Houses eagerly engaged one another with breathtaking intensity despite knowing they could not win so long ago at some point.
Featured Image credit “Chaos Champion” by AlexBoca