This week’s newest team for pre-release is from the Blood Bowl – a revamped fantasy football game set in an alternate timeline of the Warhammer universe. Dubbed as Naggaroth Nightmare, this week’s pre-order features a great collection of a multi-part plastic kit that contains components necessary to assemble the Dark Elf Blood Bowl Team.
Here’s a quick low down of what’s inside the bundles which are priced at $218!
The Naggaroth Nightmares Home-Field Advantage!
This is a complete bundle for the Dark Elf Blood Bowl team. It contains the following items:
- Blood Bowl Dark Elf Team Collection
This includes Naggaroth Nightmares, a team consisting of 6 Linemen, 2 Blitzers, 2 Runners and 2 Witch Elves – each is clad in some pretty spikesome armour, with the hides of Cold Ones draped over their shoulders. The Witch Elves are …slightly less armoured, and can be modelled either with hands pointing imperiously toward their opponents – or clutching a still-beating heart. The Linemen have 3 different designs of head.
There are a host of extras in the kit – 2 turn markers, 2 double-sided score coins featuring a Dark Elves icon and 4 balls – 2 kraken eggs (with protruding tentacles) and 2 balls made from the hide of a Cold One, lacking pegs.
- Blood Bowl Dark Elves Dice
The perfect companion to your Dark Elves Blood Bowl team, this set of handsome dice in Iridescent blue and purple with white markings, featuring white dots (with a Dark Elves icon in place of the 6) includes:
- 3 Blood Bowl Block dice
- 2 6-sided dice
- 1 8-sided die
- 1 16-sided die
- Blood Bowl Dark Elf Pitch & Dugout
A double-sided card Blood Bowl pitch, complete with matching dug-outs, this is the perfect place for your Dark Elves teams to play.
One side represents a pitch aboard a corsair vessel peacefully sailing the calm azure seas – the other side is a touch more fraught, as an enormous sea monster – a kraken, attracted by the roar of the crew – is dragging the vessel down, soaking the pitch with slippery brine and hampering plucky players with its questing tentacles.
The dug-outs are themed to match, and feature score trackers, reserves, Knocked Out and Serious Injury boxes, Down trackers for both halves, and a re-roll tracker.
The pitch is made to the same specifications as the board included with the Blood Bowl boxed game, and includes rules for play with the bothersome aquatic pest trying to hinder your match.
- Blood Bowl Team Card Pack – Dark Elf
This is a pack of 44 handy reference cards for a Dark Elf Blood Bowl team, along with blank cards allowing every coach to create their own players! Contained in the pack:
- Reference cards for Linemen, Runners, Blitzers, Assassins and Witch Elves.
- Reference cards for the following Star Players: Asperon Thorn, Mordrix Hex, Eldril Sidewinder, Elijah Doom, Horkon Heartripper, Hubris Rakarth, Kiroth Kraeneye, Roxanna Darknail, and Morg ‘N’ Thorg.
- A special Golden Era Star Player card for using the legendary Jeremiah Kool in your games.
- The following blank cards that you can use to create your own players: 7 Linemen, 3 Runners, 3 Assassins, 5 Blitzers, 3 Witch Elves.
- A team roster card, with match record on the reverse.
- 3 Benefits of Training cards: Boot Camp, Having a Nightmare, Lock-step.
- 3 Dirty Tricks cards: Sideline Interference, Press Manipulation, Flash Bang.
- The most important card: a card explaining how to use the other cards.
Spike! The Football Journal Issue 2
Separately, you can buy and download the second issue of Spike! Journal for $26.
It covers the Dark Elves, with a veritable host of brand-new content for Blood Bowl, this is sure to be a must-have for every player – not just the cruel and unusual fans of Dark Elves… Contained in the 36-page journal:
1. The Darkest of the Dark!: details and background on the Dark Elves, one of the most enigmatic and stylish races to ever set foot on the Blood Bowl pitch. You’ll learn how their player roles operate, and read up on some of their most famous teams: The Darkside Cowboys, Kelethrai Executioners, The Harpies of Karond Kar, and The Black Ark Corsairs. There’s even a team roster and more than 9 (i.e. 10) Star Players!
2. Chat With the Rat: this issue, intrepid Skaven reporter Hackspit ‘the Scribbler’ Quillchewer shoots the breeze with Miraculous Monty of Cabalvision and the notorious Hubris Rakarth;
3. Coffin Corner: a sensitive and poignant look back at some players who are no longer with us, have passed on, will never again grace the pitch. Because they’re dead;
4. The Naggaroth Nightwings: in-depth background on this Dark Elf team, from their early history, their travails after the collapse of the NAF to the present. Includes team colours, honours, Spike! Team rating as well as a roster of their 2479-2480 squad;
5. Star Player Spotlight: a profile of Jeremiah Kool, a legendary Dark Elf player. Includes his in-game cost, stats and skills, and career highlights;
6. Dirt From the Dugout: Mindy Piewhistle takes a trip to Ulthuan to uncover the shocking secrets of Elven fans; – Star Player Spotlight (yep, another one): a profile of Roxanna Darknail, a Witch Elf who can play for Amazon and Dark Elf teams. Includes her in-game cost, stats and skills, and career highlights;
7. Cruel and the Gang: an introduction to coaching Dark Elves, which should set you up nicely on the path to stylish glory. Includes an overview of the strengths of their team, advice on basic tactics and set-ups, as well as guidance on developing a team as it progresses through a league;
8. Star Player Spotlight (3 Spotlights in the same issue? Madness!): a profile of Hubris Rakarth, who can play for Dark Elf and Elven Union teams. Includes his in-game cost, stats and skills, and career highlights;
9. Lesser Known Dark Elf Star Players: a veritable glut of profiles, in-game cost, and stats and skills of the following Star Players: Kiroth Krakeneye, Elijah Doom, Horkon Heartripper, and Mordrix Hex;
10. Sideline Assistance: a whole bunch of new inducements for all Blood Bowl teams – sideline staff include specialist coaches, temp agency cheerleaders, weather mages and Druchii sports sorceresses (the latter available only to Dark Elf and Elven Union teams);
11. Mighty Blow!: tales of sporting glory from the career of all-time Star Player Bob Bifford, presented as an all-new comic strip drawn by the legendary Blood Bowl illustrator Pete Knifton, and written by official Spike! Journal sports-scribe Nick Kyme.
If you feel like your Blood Bowl game is lacking a certain sinister, the Naggaroth Nightmares is finally around the corner for Blood Bowl to fill that up!